News about Phillips Precision
Inspection Fixturing – Not A Question Of IF!
WHETHER YOU’VE BEEN TASKED WITH DESIGNING FIXTURES OR SOURCING THEM FOR YOUR COMPANY THERE ARE SEVERAL DETAILS TO CONSIDER.
By Catherine M. Phillips
Whether you’re machining or inspecting, the profits are in the speed of the swap. Like CNC machining, it should no longer be a question of if you need inspection fixturing, but what type – simplistic or complex – made in-house, ordered off-the-shelf or custom designed. Inspection successes are in the speed and repeatability of the part swap – getting inspection data back to the shop floor quickly to keep spindles running accurate parts…continuously.
Phillips Precision Welcomes Daniel Langlois
Daniel Langlois has joined Phillips Precision’s team in an all-new position of General Manager. Dan will manage and enhance day-to-day company operations of machine shop services and collaborate with owners on the increased worldwide exposure of product lines… Inspection Arsenal® and Laser Arsenal® the industries only quick-swap, modular fixture systems. Phillips Precision, Inc. is a … Read more
U.S. Machine Shop Tackles Global Shortages Head-on with Large Supply Purchase
Amid global shortages of essential materials and delays at major shipping ports, a full-service machine shop and manufacturing laboratory is investing in product materials to ensure it can meet the needs of its clients without delays and keep spindles running and machinists employed.
Announcing the M5 Edge Finder™
The industry’s first and only truly universal and modular inspection system – Inspection Arsenal® – adds even more versatility with the all new Skinny-Vise™. Improve visibility, and repeatability on your CMM and Vision Systems. With the gentle twist of the thumb screw, inspectors can easily hold small, thin and odd parts with simplicity and precise repeatability.
Phillips Precision Inc. Welcomes Allan DeLisle
Phillips Precision, Inc. announces Allan DeLisle as the new Technical Sales Coordinator for their Products Division which manufactures and sells fixture systems for parts inspection (Inspection Arsenal®) and laser marking (Laser Arsenal®). Allan is hard at work designing bleeding edge selling tools for the forward-thinking company and will work to build and support distribution across the country.
Phillips Precision, Inc. Welcomes Victor Rinaldi
Victor Rinaldi has joined Phillips Precision’s engineering team as a Product Design Engineer. Victor will support the expansion of the inspection fixture design work – a resource that many manufacturers struggle to find. This expansion rounds out Phillips Precision’s business model to be your company’s “3-in-1 source” for inspection process optimization.
Phillips Precision, Inc. Announces ISO 9001:2015 Certification
Phllips Precision, Inc. is proud to announce that it has received ISO 9001:2015 Certification after successfully applying a quality system for the Full Service CNC Machining and assembly from CIC Management, LLC. ISO 9001 is a worldwide standard for quality administered by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). ISO 9001 is currently in use by close to one million organizations around the world. Receiving ISO 9001:2015 Certification places Phillips Precision, Inc. in a very select group.
In the News
- Massachusetts Manufacturing Caucus Honors Phillips Precision, Inc. with Manufacturing Innovation Award.
- Manufacturers Discover Value of 3D Printing
- Julio Santana- Advanced CNC Skills Training Graduate and Phillips Precision Employee, Earns Apprentice Certificate.
- For work needing specialized skills, there’s a labor shortage, not a jobs shortage.
- Precisely the Right Layout for Phillips Precision. – Even in a down year, Phillips Precision brought in eighteen new customers and maintained their sales from the previous year due to their diligent sales and marketing efforts.
- Ways that employers are focusing on innovation to keep moving forward, but also to the limits of cutting-edge businesses as an economic driver.
- Problem Solved At Phillips Precision. – No project is too small for growing Boylston job shop
- 12 New Grads For Worcester Inner City Entrepreneurs.
- Three Central Massachusetts manufacturers will expand and create 57 new jobs as a result of winning a share of $19.1 million in tax exempt bond financing from MassDevelopment.
- The Massachusetts High Tech Council ranks the state’s communities for their friendliness to technology-based businesses. One municipality making the most dramatic rise was Boylston. What has Boylston done to earn the new position?
4 Questions with Steven Phillips
Steven Phillips is president of Phillips Precision, Inc. and inventor of the Pitbull clamp, Inspection Arsenal, Laser Arsenal and Loc-n-Load™ CMM/laser marking fixture plates and work holding. Read more »
4 Questions with Cathy Phillips
Cathy Phillips is Business Manager and Co-Owner of Phillips Precision, Inc. and Phillips Products Division. Read more »