M5 Edge Finder™
How many times a day do you open and close the doors during machine setups?
With the all NEW M5 Edge Finder™ locate stock with the spindle off and the CNC doors wide open!
- Struggling to see through beat up, chip covered, coolant soaked windows.
- Wasting time and productivity.
- Temptation to override the door safety switch.
- Spending thousands on expense spindle probes.
The M5 Edge Finder™ is used to locate the edge of a workpiece in a CNC Machining center with the door open and the spindle off! Currently all new CNC machines come with door interlocks that lock the doors while the spindle is running. If the machine’s safety switches are tampered with the company could be fined severely.
Using this edge finder is easy!
- First, install the static edge finder in the chuck or collet of the spindle.
- Using the jog box of the machine bring the plunger in contact with the face of the work piece closest to the desired edge to be located.
- Slowly lower the spindle to compress the spring without bottoming out the retaining pin in the slot of the body.
- Move the spindle toward the desired edge slowly watching for movement of the plunger.
- When the edge of the plunger snaps off the edge of the workpiece store the value plus or minus half the diameter of the plunger depending on the direction.
- Repeat these steps for all other remaining axes of the machine that need to be located.
|Dimensions||3 × 4 × .5 in|